Tuesday, November 18, 2008

Lake effect snow in northern Indiana bringing Heavy Heavy snowfall! As cold temperatures stick around for the rest of us!!!!!



I have been looking for snow and boy did I find it!!!!! In some northern county's in Indiana and up in Michigan they are having some big snow amounts! with Lake effect snow! They have Lake effect snow watches and warnings!!!!! It is wild up there.....To bad it is not down a bit lower!!!!! Take a look at what is going on from the NWS for all this wild Lake effect snow!!!!! Starke County, is in a Lafe effect snow Warning. And Pulaski County is in a Lake effect snow Advisory,!


HEAVY SNOW SHOWERS WILL MOVE INTO THE AREA OFF LAKE HURON TONIGHT.THESE SNOW SHOWERS WILL CONTINUE INTO TUESDAY AFTERNOON. SNOWFALL RATES WITHIN THE HEAVIER SNOW SHOWERS WILL BE 2 TO 3 INCHES AN HOUR...WITH VISIBILITY NEAR ZERO AT TIMES. STORM TOTAL ACCUMULATIONS BY TUESDAY AFTERNOON WILL RANGE FROM 5 TO 12INCHES...WITH THE HIGHEST AMOUNTS EXPECTED NEAR THE SHORELINE FROM PORT AUSTIN DOWN TO PORT SANILAC. SNOWFALL ACCUMULATIONS ALONG AND WEST OF M 53 WILL LIKELY BE LESS.

This means Heavy Heavy snowfall and by the time all is said and done they could have anywhere from 5 to 12 INCHES OF SNOW!!!!! That is A LOT!!!!! :-) Boy I wish that was us!! :-)As long as everybody stayed safe!!!!!

Now lets get back to weather a little closer to home!!!!!

We are looking to be staying in this cold weather pattern for a while!! For today we are looking at a high of 36* degrees and a whopping low of only 25* degrees and this is without adding in the wind chill!! We will also see today winds between 20 and 25 mph! Which would make our wind chill of only 23* degrees. If we add in the wind chill for the nightly low it would make it a wind chill low of only around 13* degrees!!!!! I think I can sum up this forecast by saying Brrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrr Agreed? :-) This forecast does not bother me for this is my kind of weather call me crazy!! :-) I really don't see any high temperatures this week higher then the upper 40s if that tells you anything! I think it is safe to say bring out the heavy coats! We are looking at some possible snow flurries on Friday this would be our better chance! Still I will keep a close watch on this and not only Friday but Thanksgiving is coming up!!!!! Some models are showing it being dry while others are showing a wet Thanksgiving so this is also something I will keep you all updated on so we can make travel as easy as possible! :-)

Happy Thanksgiving..............................Time for me to head off to bed......All sleep well and dream of soft falling snow flakes! :-)

I will see you soon.....






No comments: