Thursday, February 26, 2009

Watching The Next Batch Of Rain Move In!

OK I'M back with another weather update! You can see the radar image above of the rain and thunder. Thunder is still in north west IL, and the south west of IL, This is the line we will see move our way here later on tonight. Closer to 11:pm or midnight. Now we will not be looking for severe weather which I'M sure most are happy about! ;)

We are not even in a slight risk for severe weather tonight. However I would not rule out a few good booms and possible stronger storms in the southern parts of our great state. This would be South of Indy. We will still have the gusty winds later on tonight with some of the rain / thunder and after as we head into Friday! So tonight we will be breezy with winds between 15 and 25 mph gusting to 40 mph. We can also see these winds gusting to 35 to 40 mph in the morning of Friday before they start to calm down..... We may see a few light snow flurries on the back side of the rain however it will be nothing much at all.

Rainfall is looking between a quarter and a half inch for Lafayette as I already have 0.08" inches and for Newton, and Jasper, counties they could see rainfall around a half inch to maybe three quarters of an inch possible. Again I would not count out a few rumbles tonight but other then that we should be OK!

JUST GUSTY WINDS! I'll check back if needed! Now lets go TRACK!!!!! ;o)

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Justin, thank you for your thoughts on this system, and I agree with you. I am worried about the winds, and lighting. I am ready to track this system!!! And the thought of temps in the 30's tomorrow, ugh!

Teri

JIWB said...

I look forward to tracking with you! ;o)