Thursday, May 7, 2009

Noon Update!

Here is your Noon time update! You can see I have put together a map above for you all to see some of our main weather threats. And the good news above is that we will keep the Tornado threat low around a 2% chance. Hail I also think is a slight chance around 15% chance. right now I think our main threats will be some lightning and heavy rain at times. I have been watching the Satellite's and Radars all morning and currently I'M still thinking the stronger storms will stay mainly to our south and then west with the WLFI viewing area seeing more of some Scattered thunderstorms later on this evening. Scattered to a few moderate thunderstorms possible. Still with the SPC keeping us in this slight risk we will continue to watch things closely and just take it hour by hour. We have been under cloud cover all morning which is helping to keep us more stable. Currently our Lifted Index is around 2 which is not bad. We will look for rainfall when all is said and done between a Quarter inch to a Half inch possible.

For now things are looking pretty good but we will not let our guard down and I will be back around 4:30 or 5:00pm with another update!

Be sure to check back soon..... See you then!

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

Thanks Justin!
With Mike gone I feel kind of lost weather-wise :-)

JIWB said...

I know what you mean. And I will do my best to keep all posted!

We are a TEAM... ;)

Brow said...

Yeah there is some nasties to the west of us but by the time it gets to us it either should have lost daylight steam and/or be further down south.

Do you guys think it would be a bad idea to post a link on Mikes blog to here? Just thought people would like to get some updates as well.

Anonymous said...

I think that's a good idea Brow! I'm glad I found Justins blog.

Anonymous said...

I think that is a good idea Brow. That way everybody can have updates!