Tuesday, June 16, 2009

Summer, Bunnies, And Storms, Oh My!!

You know it's Summer when you can wake in the morning to the sweet sound of Birds singing to the sunrise! And we have a lot of that here in Lafayette that is for sure! It was a really nice weekend and I got to spend some time with my doggie Dobby, You can see in this picture below that he was really enjoying being outside watching all the birds flying around and all the Bunnies running through the yard. However we will see the bunny in just a minute! :)He loves to sit out there with me just watching and hearing the wonderful sounds of Nature! He would sit out there all day if he could..... And if you think about it, If you were a Rat Terrier, and seen something like this picture below running in your yard would you be in a good mood?? LOL. The good thing is he is really good about not going after bunnies or birds. Which kinda took me by surprise!! Now if they were in the Back yard in his area maybe it would have been a different story?!?! Hummmmmm.................... :)Sorry this is not a real good close up however I did the best I could with my little camera phone! Ha Ha .... I just can not believe how many bunnies there are this year! I bet we have over four or five that run around our neighborhood. Most likely more! I watched two of them on Sunday running after a little squirrel. Really they own our street! And I know for a fact that I'M not the only one with Bunnies running around. I have had reports from all over and I really think there are many more this year then last year. Which is just fine with me..... They are so nice to watch as the sun sets!
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Now how about the weather for today and even for later on this week???? Well, lets get to it!

These models have been ALL OVER! Today. And just to give you an idea here is just some of what makes forecasting so crazy and not something that is in any way a sure thing!

When forecasting the weather you have to look at many different weather models. Such as models like Lifted Index, CAPE, Helicity, EHI, 850MB Charts to help forecast Temperatures. We also have to look at your Precipitation maps, Also your European models, and GFS models and the list continues.......... What I have right now is one model wants to call for nothing more then a Tenth inch of rain between today and Wednesday. Another model wants to call for over two inches of rainfall in this short time. While two more show rainfall between .50" inches and .80" inches. You see my Dilemma!! :) My job is to pick out the models that are least likely to be wrong! Which as you all know can be very tricky!

So here is what the models are currently pointing to at this time. And please remember that these models change all the time. And I will have updates if they take a major turn! Currently we are looking for some Partly to mostly cloudy skies to start off the day. Then we will see some increasing clouds as the day continues. We will watch for some rain / Thundershowers to move into the area by later on late afternoon / evening. There is a slight risk for severe weather just to our south however after looking through the Helicity, Maps, CAPE, and EHI, it is looking like the better chance at severe thunderstorms would be to our south and west of the viewing area. Still with it being this close we will not rule out a stray strong storm or two just yet!

Though I don't think today is our biggest threat I do look for a better set up by Friday!! This is when we will see a warm front push through bringing temperatures pushing the low 90s only to have another cold front move in which will make us become more unstable and fire up some stronger storms. This is still a ways off to make a final call as you all know. However we will watch this developing system and I will keep you posted as it gets closer.....

Until then I want to leave you with a picture that will remind you all that Summer starts on the 21st of this month! Yes, that is the FIRST! day of Summer! And the flowers are all in full bloom that is for sure..... I cannot take the credit for these flowers. They are alive and blooming because my sister takes great care in them! Thanks Sis for this picture.....Now I will pop in if needed today. However I do want to let you all know that I will be out for a little bit do to the fact I will be heading down to the WLFI TV 18 station today to hang with Stefanie Davis, for a little while. I will be back before you know it!! I will try to get a few pictures to post on here for you all to enjoy here later on tonight. Until then have a wonderful day Bloggers! I will check back soon. And hopefully the models don't chance to much! LOL ;)

Here is a look at your 3-Day Quick Cast Blog Cast Below.......... Have a good one!

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

The bunnies are cute, but they are eating all the flowers and plants in my friend's yard in Brookfield Heights. Thanks for the forecast, Justin. I love your dog. That was a great picture.

Barbie in Frankfort

Anonymous said...

Hey Justin! Popping in from beautiful downtown Remington. My fave summer sound is to wake to birds singing, esp the wrens. They make my heart happy for a good start to my day!

Dobby looks happy and the bunny is safe :-) Have a fun time at WLFI and tell us all about it when you return! And SMILE!!! :-)

MA in REM

Anonymous said...

Very nice pics, and thank you for the forcast, a tough one I know!

I have plenty of baby bunnies around my yard, they are munching on all the clover that seems to have taken over all the neighbors yards this year! They are just not munching fast enough!

The birds start singing around 4:30 in the morn, and my bird answeres them back LOL!

Have fun with Stefanie!

Teri in Laf

Anonymous said...

Was checking the radar, man you should check out the double squall lines near Evensville!!!! I dont think I have seen that before, and there appears to be bowing!!!

RB