Friday, October 16, 2009

We Will Look At The Winter Outlook And Some More Cooler Temperatures.....

Hey bloggers. Long time no see. Well, I'M back now and I have a new blog update full of your weekend forecast and also a look at the latest winter outlook. First off I'M sorry for the lack of updates. It has been a busy week and I have had no time on the computer to go through all the weather data or time to blog. I have been out driving my Grandma around again today. However I have some time now so lets get to it while we can! :)

First off we started out the day again with some light scattered showers across the area. Not much! However here is a look at some rainfall totals from around the area below.

Remington, 0.13"

Rensselaer, 0.03"

Kentland, 0.02"

Williamsport, 0.02"

Lafayette, 0.02"

Attica, 0.01"
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

As you can see most stayed around that Tenth inch mark or at least under the quarter mark. It has been a wet week that is for sure. I think it is time we have some dry weather don't you? Well, it is looking like we will get our wish this week. The weekend is looking good at this time with dry and partly cloudy skies on Sunday. However as for the Temperatures! Well, I can't do everything. :) On the other hand there are a few models pointing to a slight warm up coming next week. Not a major one however highs in the upper 50s to low 60s may be possible. It is a few days off so I will continue to watch that and keep up updated. Until then here is a look at your weekend outlook below.So really the weekend is looking pretty good with dry weather expected for the most part. Still cold yes. But I think we can handle that! ;) I'M not seeing any snow in the forecast this week however I'M sure it won't be far off! We have been a good 15 to 17 Degrees below average this whole month! As I type the Lafayette, current temperature is at 43.3° degrees. This is our average low for this time of year! Pretty amazing if you ask me! We called for a cold start to October and that has come true. For the next 8 to 14 days our temperatures will be about 50% below average. Keep those jackets out maybe even light coats. And put another blanket on the bed. Nights still dropping into the low 30s. Brrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrr Is the word of the day! Here is a look at the Winter temperature outlook below. You can see we are expected to see equal days of average and below average temperatures. As we look at this map and how our first few weeks of October have been we can see we will be cold enough for snow! However how many snow chances will we see? That is the big question. With this El-Nino jet stream pattern this winter we usually see the storm track set up more to our east. Will that be the case this year? Take a look at the winter precipitation outlook below.I love snow and cold weather so I will continue to look for it this season. (We have to see at least one good snow or I will be moving far north to MN, lol) :-) You can see we are pretty close to the drier / equal mark on this map. Does this mean I'M ruling out snow? No. I still think we have a good chance. It won't be like the winter of 2007 when we had the La-Nina jet stream pattern. La-Nina is when we see a wetter pattern take place over our area and there for more snowfall! The only bad thing was it stuck around into the Summer when storm season took place. We had a fun winter however it came with a price that is for sure. You can see the warmer water in this image below. This is the latest image taken on September 17th 2009.So for now we will get through a few more days of cold temperatures across the area. Then if the weather models hold true we will have a slight warm up coming your way. I will continue to watch this developing story and I will check back soon..... Thanks for reading....................

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Nice to see the sunshine! Pretty day!

Anonymous said...

I had heavy frost Sunday morning. Temp was 31* but lots of sunshine with a high of 54*.

MA in REM