Thursday, November 12, 2009

Hungry For Thanksgiving Already! YUMMY :-)

Did everyone have a nice Veterans day and remember to give an extra thanks to all our past and present soldiers?With all they do for us a thank you is the least we can do for them.

The weather was great with lots of sunny skies over the Lafayette, area. It was so nice that I was able to get out again yesterday and finish up getting all the leaves out of the back yard. Have you all noticed how almost all the trees are leaf free? Winter is just around the corner. Another thing I cannot believe is we will be getting ready for thanksgiving here in the next two weeks! WOW it is coming fast this year. However when I think of all that wonderful family fun, and great food! I can't wait. :) Wow, Now doesn't that make you hungry? LOL. I don't know why but right around this time every November I start going crazy for Thanksgiving dinner. :) Some of you may remember me going crazy talking about the food on Mike Prangley's blog last year Ha Ha. Thanksgiving and Christmas are my favorite holidays of the whole year. One thing that would make it better this year would be if we seen snow for Thanksgiving! However at this time I'M not seeing snow, But! Currently I'M watching out for a big cool down just in time for Thanksgiving...

Quick Cast.....................................

Today we will look for lots of sunny skies over the WLFI viewing area. Highs will be in the upper 50s today near 57 Degrees. Lows will be around freezing tonight as I look for temperatures to drop close to 31 Degrees. Winds will be light between 5 and 10 mph. If your heading out be sure to take a light jacket.

Friday we will see some partly cloudy to mostly clear skies. Highs will be slightly warmer in the upper 50s to low 60s close to 60 Degrees possible. Lows will be cool in the middle 30s around 37 Degrees. Winds will be light between 10 and 20 mph.
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~


I still have a slight 30% chance for a light rain to move in closer to late Saturday night into Sunday. Otherwise the next best chance at rain would be closer to next Monday and then Tuesday possible. However this is still many days away so I will continue to watch this and keep you posted.

And last but not least I have another November treat for you all. Yes, if you missed the last meteor shower then you have another chance tonight! Take a look at this below.FIREBALLS TONIGHT: The northern branch of the annual Taurid meteor shower peaks on Nov. 12th. Sky watchers should be alert for fireballs. The Taurids, caused by debris from Comet 2P/Encke, tend to be slow and very bright. Expect as many as 5 Taurids per hour during the hours around midnight:

No comments: