Saturday, November 28, 2009

I'm Thankful For So Many Things. And This Was A Wonderful Thanksgiving!

Merry Christmas Bloggers. Yes, we jump from one right into the next! First off I want to hear all about your thanksgiving. Did everyone have a good time? I know my family and I had a wonderful thanksgiving. Again I got stuck with the turkey cooking however I have always loved it so it was no problem. Everyone told my this was one of the best and most juicy turkeys they have had in a long time. Maybe they were just trying to butter me up? Ha Ha :) You take a look and let me know what you think. And tell the truth! ;)We put it in the night before thanksgiving around 9:00pm and stayed up with it until around 3:00am or 3:30am before it was all cooked and ready to go. The stuffing on the inside was yummy with tons and tons of turkey flavor. However I must say that my grandmas homemade mash potatoes had to be the BEST part other then the turkey. My sister even made a mayonnaise cake which she got the recipe from our neighbor. Now when I first heard the name of the cake I thought it was the most nasty sounding cake in my life lol. However my neighbor made me promise to take a big bite. So I did and it was really good. Much better then I thought. Which just goes to show you cannot judge a book by its cover. Or in this case a cake!
And as always who could forget the Macy's thanksgiving day parade that morning? It starts the day and really gets you in the mood for Christmas that's for sure. Pretty much my whole family and I watch the Macy's thanksgiving day parade then have the thanksgiving dinner or so called around 1pm or 2pm followed by a day full of NFL football. Which both my picks won this week! YES! Now the colts need to play hard this Sunday followed by Drew brees, and the rest of Saints, to beat the Pats.
I also went out on black Friday for the first time with my grandma. And to make it even better she made me drive! :) Ha Ha But really there were not as many cars out as you would think! Sure there were times of heavy traffic but not to bad. Now I'm ready to go full steam ahead to Enjoy and relax with Christmas and all the BEAUTIFUL winter weather! COME ON SNOW! But first let's get to your quick cast for this weekend's outlook.
Quick Cast Weekend Forecast.....................
Today we are looking for mostly clear skies over the WLFI viewing area. Highs look in the low 50s with lows tonight dropping into the low to middle 30s. Winds will be between 10 and 15 mph with a few gusts later this evening between 20 and 27 mph possible in areas.
Sunday we will start out with some partly cloudy skies. However clouds will be on the increase through out the day. As we head into that afternoon we will start to see the clouds move in along with a few light scattered hit and miss rain showers. We can expect these light hit and miss scattered rain showers from that evening into early early Monday morning. The good news is rainfall would be around a tenth inch or less at this time. Highs will be in the low 50s once again with lows in the upper 30s to low 40s. Winds will be between 10 and 15 mph with a few gusts early into that afternoon between 20 and 28 mph possible.
You can enjoy the 50s while they last because we will start December with the upper 30s to low 40s as our highs.
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

I really hope all of you had a great thanksgiving with your friends and family. Always remember what your thankful for and not just over the holidays but year around. And when your out Christmas shopping just remember! that its not the gift that matters, But the thought of giving! Just be kind and helpful to others. Say Merry Christmas whenever you pass someone you know or even don't know. Be kind and merry for this is the season to be jolly! And as some of you use to call me on Mike Prangley's blog, I'm just Jolly Justin! ;)

Have a great weekend Bloggers. I'll check back soon.

Click to get cool Animations for your MySpace profile

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

We had a wonderful thanksgiving as well! You turkey looks yummy!
Is nice to see the sunshine today!

What do you know about the system that is starting to develop and could produce a good snowfall amount for Indiana? Heard rumors of that:)

Teri