Tuesday, December 22, 2009

Our First Snow Of The Season. The First Inch Of Snow Recorded In Lafayette!

THE WLFI VIEWING AREA IS SEEING THE FIRST SNOW OF THE SEASON!!!!

That's right I have been up most of the night and I just recorded one inch of snow in Lafayette! With more on the way!
Just look at this radar image taken at 6:40am this morning. You can see this dark blue band of snow that just developed over our area. I tell you this was not expected this time around! Lafayette, has already picked up 1.00" inch and it's still coming down heavy! With this band I would not be shocked to see another half inch or more in areas. This may be early before Christmas, but I'll take it! It's not bad for our first snow!

Becky, keep up the GREAT work sending in your reports! Everyone I want picture! :) You can send your pictures to me at storm18mini@aol.com . Also be sure to post your snowfall totals in your comment if you can. Take it slow on roads this morning as things are slick and snow covered!

I want to tell you all that this clipper we are currently seeing is the one we expected the least snow amount from! This band just developed out of no were! But let me tell you I'm cool with it! :)

HAPPY FIRST SNOW BLOGGERS! I'll be back with pictures later on!

Stay tuned.....

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I just cleaned off my car, there was at least a good 2 inches of snow! To be honest, I needed boots on, snow was over my shoes!

Still coming down, and daughter has a driving lesson in an hour. And side roads are very slick! not sure about the main yet, Will let ya know!

All be safe, Teri in Laf