Tuesday, December 1, 2009

Winter Is Upon Us!! :D

Well, I think we will see our first Hot Cocoa Advisory here by as soon as Thursday! I have been going through all the data all night and I can tell you the first day of winter is not until the 21st of December however we will sure feel like winter by Thursday! We will start out December feeling like spring but that wont last long! I have to say that this cold could not come soon enough for me. I know just about everyone of you that blog with me are pulling out your hair right about now at my comment lol. However I don't care ;)

So be sure to get out and stock up on hot cocoa and coffee right after you finish reading JIWB. Trust me! You'll need it..... Let's get started.

First things first, What's today looking like? Well, today will be a nice day for anyone who enjoys the mild temperatures in the low 50s. We will see lots of partly cloudy skies move into the area with winds between 10 and 15 mph. Maybe a few gust between 20 and 25 mph possible. Lows will fall around freezing around 32 degrees.

Now I want to show you all a few weather models that caught my eye!As some of you already know this is my BUFKIT weather model I like to use in winter time as it can help fine tune your forecast right down to that next hour. Well this is looking at the system we will be tracking over Wednesday into Thursday. You can see we are expecting to see the system start out as a rain event only to then change over to snow showers come that night into Thursday. However at this time I'm not looking for a big snow maker with so much rain at first I think the ground will be to wet and most of the storms energy will be passed us by then. However snow showers will be a nice thing to see as it will be the start of our cold weather pattern to come! Let me remind you that this system is still in the making and I will continue to watch it closely! If we see this cold front push through sooner then we expect at this time we could see more in the way of snow. You can tell what I'm hoping for?!?! ;) Ha Ha. Either way we will have to watch it and I will check back with any changes.Now currently other then the system moving in Wednesday into Thursday, Above will be the next BIG story everyone will be talking about. You can see this is a look at Thursday night's cold air plunge! This is the start of what's to come. You see all the pink colors to our north and west. This is the major cool down the cold weather lovers have been looking for all season! We will drop into the low 20s as our lows on Thursday. Highs will only be in the low to middle 30s. Yes, that's pretty close to that freezing mark! I'm glowing right now lol :)Above is when the cold will hit us with a hard knock out punch! We will see those pinks move into the WLFI viewing area which as you see means lows will fall into the teens! Highs around freezing once again. And this will stick with us for a while. After Thursday I see lows in the low to middle 20s for the rest of that week. Get out your warm heavy coats, Hat's and gloves! You'll need them that's for sure.....

So I ask, Is this a good blog post so far?? :) I think so! :) lol.With these temperatures about to move in this week we will have to start thinking about the wind chill! You can bet I have already come up with a few numbers just to give a little idea! :) At this point and time with expected 10 to 15 mph winds on Thursday and a high in the middle 30s we could see wind chills in the middle 20s. Thursday lows in the low 20s would mean wind chills in the single digits.

Friday still expected for winds to be between 10 and 15 mph with highs in the low 30s around freezing would mean a wind chill in the low 20s. Lows that night dropping into the teens would mean low wind chills in the low single digits.

Click to get cool Animations for your MySpace profileWinter is upon us!!

I'll check back soon..........

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Thank you Justin, but YUCK!

Anonymous said...

What happend to all the bloggers on your blog justin?

I miss reading the comments.

Anyway keep up the good work. I enjoy reading you weather forecast.