Saturday, January 2, 2010

Starting The New Year With Lots Of Home Improvement's! And Nature Starts Us Off To A Great Start For 2010!!!

Happy New Year bloggers!

Sorry but this is going to be a short update! I'm getting to you late because we have started off our new year with lots of Home Improvement. Yes, we have been painting and redoing everything! And this is going to take a while. I still have more work I need to get done today so I had better get ready to go! But before I do I just wanted to pop in with a quick update getting you all ready for the COLD POLAR EXPRESS moving in today through out this whole week! Today we will see highs not reaching 20 degrees. That's right we won't get out of the teens! And lows will be even cooler! Lows will drop to around -2 degrees! We will look for winds to be blowing between 5 and 10 mph with gusts to 15 mph. This will make our daytime high feel around -2 degrees. And this will make our low feel around -17 degrees! With wind chills around -17 degrees this means we will need to be EXTRA careful when out and about! This means FROSTBITE in 30 Minutes or less!!!! Brrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrr So please remember to stay covered while outside! This is dangerous..... We will be seeing this cold weather for a while as the polar air looks to stick around for a few days!

And last but not least here are a few pictures from our New Years Party! LOL. We had a wonderful time playing the Wii and watching the Ball drop. Also all the confetti mess!! :) lol take a look below.
Image Above: My Sister and I after the Confetti...Image Above: The BIG Mess LOL...
Image Above: And as always the one and only Dick Clark! You just can't have New Years with out Mr, Clark! :) He is still going strong and counting us into the New Year! He is one of a kind that's for sure!

And I have one more thing to show you all that really tells you that we are on the right track to a GREAT and HAPPY New Year! That's right we was looking for that Blue Moon and thought the clouds would keep us from seeing it. Well, I kept my forecast clear saying that we may see a few quick breaks in the clouds to see this beautiful moon and sure enough we DID!Image Above: The Blue Moon was bright and BEAUTIFUL!! And this is great that we got a chance to see it. Had we not seen it on New Years Eve then we would have had to wait until 2028 before we would have another chance to see it again! So we are VERY lucky! You can see all the clouds in the bottom of the picture above!

Now I need to get ready to start in on the Home Improvement's again today. I will try and check back again soon bloggers. It's going to be VERY busy for a while. Please stick with me and I will try to update again soon. Thank you!

AND HAPPY NEW YEAR 2010!! :D

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

Had -4* this morning!! BRRRR!!

Anonymous said...

just looked out after I hit "send" and see it is snowing!

MA in REM

Brow said...

Happy 2010 everyone!

Anonymous said...

Happy New Year All, just got home from the hospital, after a 5 day stay, going to be a long recovery, but at least I am Home and made it through surgery.

My batteries are out on my weather station, so I cant record outside temps, darn, just when I am really going to need it.

Teri