Wednesday, January 6, 2010

We Are About To Walk In A Winter Wonderland! :)

SnowstormFrosty We have a lot of winter weather ahead of us that's for sure! We are talking about COLD temperatures and some SNOWY weather moving into the WLFI viewing area here real soon. Well, the temperatures have been here for a while however we could see them get a little cooler by Friday! Still for this whole week I DON'T see temperatures getting out of the 20s for highs. I'm putting a Hot Cocoa Advisory into effect now through the weekend! So stock up! :)

Now on another note we do have a real time Winter Storm Watch into effect from Late tonight through Friday morning. And this is because of the low pressure system that is currently looking to dump some significant snowfall in our area. Here's the Winter Storm Watch below...As you see above the main threats will be that this snow is going to be a light fluffy snow due to all these COLD temperatures were seeing. Lows dropping to almost single digits and highs in the teens. Our ground is totally frozen so every snowflake to fall will stick! This will make roads very slick at times and maybe for the morning rush hour, As well as the afternoon. During the Morning rush hour as well as the afternoon is when the heaviest band could try and push through.Now earlier I didn't want to give away any snowfall amounts because this system can change for more or less quickly. And I'm still watching this system closely! I have gone ahead and posted an idea amount above. As you can see I have the 2" to 5" inch range. Now I'm currently looking for 2" to 5" inches however any minor changes in this system will change snowfall totals. I know some are calling for closer to seven inches! I can tell you why they could call for that high of an amount. We will be so cold that this is going to be a really light snow. And right now precipitation models are looking for around 0.25 inches of precipitation near 0.30" inches. Now in snow this would be around 2" to 4" inches depending on how moist and or heavy the snow is. In our case it's really light and fluffy. So if this system takes it's time moving across the area then snowfall totals will go UP from my 2" to 5" to a higher amount. This is what we need to continue to watch. And this is why I will have another update later on this evening. I will stick with 2" to 5" inches for now. And if we need to we can always add to that. Or drop it some. For now I think this is a good starting point!

Now on top of what we get late Wednesday into Thursday we could pick up another inch or so on Friday due to what's left over on the back side.

Right now I'm looking for the heaviest bands to try and push through in the late morning hours and afternoon hours of Thursday as seen above. This map is looking around 1:00pm EST Thursday. The good news for snow lovers is that the weather models are agreeing that we will see a nice snowfall. With at the "least amount" of 1" to 3" inches. However I still want to keep the 2" to 5" inches in play for a while. I will continue to go through the latest weather data and I will check back again this evening once the latest models come in. This way we will have another update before the snow moves in late late tonight into early Thursday. Remember that this snow will be really light and fluffy so any wind will blow it around like crazy! The good news is I'm only seeing winds gusting to 15 mph or so at this time! I'll keep watch on that as well. Because 15 mph is still enough to blow this snow around!

Warm By The FireI'll check back soon. Stay Tuned And Stay Warm!
Now go get some cocoa! :)Hot Chocolate Yummmmmmmmmm!

2 comments:

Brow said...

Yeah, I've been watching that coming too. :)

Love the smilies by the way!

Stay warm everyone!

Anonymous said...

Justin your page looks awesome! I am not ready for the COLD nor the snow, however I know you are LOL!

I will be checking your blog for updates:)

Sun is out this morning.

Teri