Tuesday, February 16, 2010

Lafayette, IN, Temperatures Colder Then Vancouver, Canada?!?!

Hey bloggers. I just wanted to pop in real quick with some info about a few changes to JIWB that I'm in the process of doing. I'm going to fix up the URL a little and change this blog to a bigger and better format that will have much more on it for your weather blogging needs. It will look much better with this bigger format and has more tools for you to click on and will also have a feature called "JIWB Email Subscription" which will allow you to Click to subscribe to my Weather blog and receive free notifications of new posts by email. This should also help a lot in severe weather events!

I'm still setting things up at this point and time however I'm hoping to have things up and running by Saturday or Sunday. One of those two days is when I'm hoping to have the site totally up and running with no problems. So you can expect to see me pop in with the new URL by that time and then you will be able to check it out and enjoy! ;) I really think you will find this format much more to your liking.

Now lets go ahead and continue to watch our Indiana weather below with my new upadte!

And Thank You! :)

Well, the weather has been very winter like the past few days and really the whole month of February. And believe it or not Lafayette, has been colder then Vancouver Canada lately. Vancouver has been seeing daytime highs between 40 and 50 degrees. They have been having a hard time keeping the snow from melting by bringing in more snow by the truck loads. While Lafayette, has been seeing highs around 25 and 30 degrees. This is the warmest it has been in Vancouver in a while. And what a fine time for it to be above average right? They have been working hard however the athletes have been hanging in there and getting the job done.
And Team USA has been doing rather well up to this point and time. They have been leading the pack with eight medals. However currently they stand in 2nd place in the total medal count as Germany is ahead by one! GO TEAM USA!!!!

So what do we have in store for the rest of this week? Well, take a look at this radar image below.
You can see this radar image was taken at 7:21pm EST this evening. What we are looking at is the lake effect snowfall moving into some of our northern counties. This is just about all we have to look forward to for the next few days. We will see winds coming out of the north north west for the next few days which will allow for some of these lake effect snow showers to try and move down into the WLFI viewing area. However I don't look for this to accumulate to much over a trace to maybe a half inch in parts of northern Jasper county.

We do have a chance at a possible developing system later on this weekend however things need to go just right for this to work out. This "could" be the next chance at some accumulating snow. It is way to early to set a forecast in stone or to give snowfall amounts. But this is the system I was talking about a few post ago. All we can do now is keep watching this closely and I will be sure to give you all another update as things get closer.

As for temperatures! Well, we will start to warm a little however not much! I'm looking for daytime highs for the rest of this week to range between the low 30s and middle 30s possible. the good news for all you that are ready for Spring is this will feel like a heat wave after seeing lows in the low teens and highs only in the middle 20s all last week. ;) See you can always find an upside to everything! :)

Stay safe bloggers. I'll check back soon.

Now go enjoy the 2010 Vancouver Winter Olympics!! GO TEAM USA!!!!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Good luck with the changes Justin. Sounds good. I'm not a snow or cold weather lover although I know you are, so I'm looking forward to those "30"s". LOL. We live in Fountain County and I see we are under a level 2 travel advisory! Ugh!! Spring can't come soon enough for me! JLB

JIWB said...

^^LOL Thank you^^ I really think the main feature people will like will be the "JIWB Free Email Subscription"

I will try and look for some kind of Spring for you soon! ;) But it will be hard with me being such a Cold snowy weather lover lol. :)