Thursday, February 4, 2010

A Winter Wonderland In Time For Superbowl Sunday XLIV GO COLTS!

Hey bloggers. First off I just want to let you all know that even if I don't update everyday I will still try my best to be here through developing weather events such as this one! So we will still be a weather tracking blog team! ;)

We have windy weather on the way, We have snowy weather on the way, And also some colder temperatures will return after Sunday! We will break all this down in this post. But first off lets go ahead and talk about this developing snow storm to our southwest.

Now I have been watching this system closely as I talked about yesterday. Yesterday I was looking for a good starting point with snowfall amounts so I started out with a safe zone between 3" and 5" inches. Well, I have gone through the latest data tonight and currently not much has changed the way of my thinking! And I'll tell you why. First off lets take a look at this radar image below.
Just look at all the moisture this system is packing. Also take a look at the low pressure system in the middle of all this rain. This is the huge low that will dump huge snow amounts on areas well to our east! However there will be a smaller low pressure developing closer to home on the west side of the low you see above. This is what will help us to see some accumulating snow. Now because most of the moisture is setting up to our south and east this will keep us from picking up snowfall between 8" and 12" inches! lol. However I still have us getting an oak amount.
Yes, that's right! I still want to go with my forecasted amount from last night. 3" to 5" inches for most of us however I will not rule out some areas picking up closer to the 6" inch mark as that is still possible. Any counties around Clinton, and Boon, counties and then south and east of them will have the better change at higher amounts. But this 3" to 5" inch is a good range for now. Also we will still be looking for breezy winds at times along with this snow. So some blowing snow may be possible. The one thing that would slow the blowing snow down a bit will be the temperatures. I still look for highs in the low 30s around 32 degrees. So this should help out a little! ;) As of now we can look for the snow to start some time around 7:00am EST "Friday".

I say this all the time but I want to make it clear once again lol. The 3" to 5" range with a possible 6" inches in spots does not mean we will see 5" and 6" inches! This just means that we could pick up any ware "Between" 3" and 5" inches / 6" inches south and east of Clinton, and Boon, counties. I know many of you already know this but I always feel I need to make my point! :) Also we do still have that winter weather advisory in effect from now through Saturday morning. Remember to be careful on the roads as things will still be slick at time! If you be weather ready and be extra careful while out, Then you can enjoy the beautiful view of the snow!

And last but not least we will have another change at some accumulating snow closer to Monday into Tuesday. How much? Well, we will get into that after this system is passed and the next one is closer! For now just worry about getting your things ready for a white Superbowl!!! WOOOOO HOOOOOO.

People Ask "Who Dat team that's gonna beat the Saints????" Well, WE DAT!! GO BLUE, WE DAT TEAM THAT'S GONNA BEAT THE SAINTS!!!! GO COLTS! Bring home another Superbowl ring!! :D

Stay Safe Bloggers.....

6 comments:

Anonymous said...

Thanks Justin LOL! AND GO COLTS!! Hey you need to post a photo of that cake!

Teri

JIWB said...

Once it's all finished I will. It will be ready for Sunday!

Justin.

Anonymous said...

It's snowing in Lafayette!

Teri

Brow said...

Just stuck my head outside and its really blowing here in Monticello.

I am starting to see some accumulation as well. Maybe about 1/2" or less so far.

Anonymous said...

Looking good here in monticello,, Justin glad to see you are back on here,, was getting worried about you....Becky

JIWB said...

Thank You! ;)