Saturday, November 27, 2010

Taking On The Indiana Cold And LOVING Every Minute Of It!!

Bloggers, Bloggers, Bloggers..... I'm tired lol :) It has been a long two days but let me tell you they have been fun! Here's how it went down in our house this Thanksgiving. We made dinner and enjoyed it with the family which was just GREAT! Watched the snow fall, along with football. Then started planing for the big sales and headed out that night before Midnight. We got everything we went after plus some! Then come Saturday morning I headed over to Big Lots for yet another sale part of the two day Black Friday sale. I got up at 3:30am and was over there at 4:30am. We were the first ones in the parking lot! Still we ended up being 3rd in line. However we got what we went for! It was 20* degrees and I under dressed lol. I know the weatherman wasn't ready for the morning cold after telling you all to be sure to dress warm lol. This was my first time doing Black Friday so I have learned from my mistakes lol. I did try to take a picture of everyone without getting out of line.
Trust me there was WAAAAAY More people then I got in this shot. Like I said I didn't want to lose my spot lol. Also it's blurry because I was shaking like a leaf hahaha ;) but we hung in there and got the job done :)

This line was nothing compared to Friday at Toy's R Us off of US52 in Lafayette!! They opened the doors at 10:pm and by 9:pm they had a line going from the front doors all the way back to the Tippecanoe Mall!!! That was CRAZY! So we continued on by to Wal-Mart! lol. I didn't get a picture of that because I was driving trying to get to the next stop. However I did find this picture from Friday in Indianapolis.
Just look at that line to get into Menards! WOW. Amazing. Still there was even MORE people lined at Toy's R Us, in Lafayette. Now that's a group of people who know what they want and just how to get it lol. After the fun I had with this Black Friday you can expect to see me back out again next year for sure. The only thing to make it even better would have been some snow to go along with the cold we had! But it was still fun. That's what makes it fun to me. Going out taking on the weather to bring home gifts for the family. It makes it that much more enjoyable for myself to watch my family open the gifts Christmas morning knowing how I got them :) Taking on the cold and loving every minute of it!

And now we take a look at your forecast for the next two days.

Quick Cast.....

Sunday we are looking dry with Partly cloudy skies across the WLFI viewing area. We will look for highs in the lower 40s around 43* degrees with lows that night in the upper 20s around 29* degrees. Winds will be light between 5 and 10 mph.

Monday
As you can see in the forecast map I put together above we are looking for Partly to mostly cloudy skies across the WLFI viewing area through out the day. All day we will see clouds on the increase. I expect to see some rain showers which could be heavy at times move into the area that late afternoon into that even. Expect the rain showers to go into Tuesday. Maybe some scattered snow flurries on the back side of this system later Tuesday as the cold front passes. Much like what we seen over Thanksgiving just a few days ago. Highs will be in the low 50s around 52* degrees with lows that night in the low to middle 40s around 44* degrees. Winds will be between 10 and 20 mph. Currently I'm expecting some decent rainfall amounts once again around an inch with locally higher amounts in areas. I may have to add to this amount a little later on. I'll let you know!

Extended Outlook. The 50s won't last for long as I expect the cold to KICK back in come Tuesday night when lows will fall into the lower 20s!! Also at this time it's looking like we may have our first chance at some possible sticking snow closer to the second or third week of December. You know I'm keeping a close eye on this ;) As I do with any chance at snow. Even if it's only a trace lol :) But don't worry right now! Indiana weather changes all the time. I'm just giving you all something to think about! lol :)

Well, that's just about it for now bloggers. I'll check back soon with another update on the rainfall to come later on. Until then have a great one!

God Bless.

No comments: