Thursday, February 10, 2011

Are 50s In The Forecast??

Well, bloggers we have had snow like crazy this year! And the snow pack is still over almost every state in the USA! Take a look at the current snow - pack map taken today below.All the blue / White / Purple, areas is snow! Snow in almost every state. It's just amazing! And to go along with this amazing snow - pack we have also had BITTER COLD temperatures over the past few days! Last night I recorded a low of -5.3* degrees in Lafayette. WOW And yes, that was without wind chill! I was going to run this afternoon however once I steeped outside I quickly came back in and thought "NOPE! I'll just skip today" lol. Instead I spent the day trying to keep warm. I do love this cold weather though! However I wasn't the only one trying to keep warm this afternoon.Yes, you can see my boy Dobby, above sleeping by my electric fireplace to keep warm! :) Isn't he a ham lol. At least he has the right idea in this cold weather. So how long will the below zero temperatures last? Do I see any warm ups in the forecast anytime soon?

Well, take a look at this and see if it answers your questions! ;)Your eyes are not fooling you! You really are seeing 50s on the map above! :) Above is a temperature model looking at 1:00pm EST Thursday! You can see we will have 40s and 50s move into the area which will help to melt some of this snow - pack. Right now I'm looking for some upper 30s and low 40s to move into the area Sunday through Tuesday! With 50s moving into the area Wednesday through Friday! However we will see some more 20s and 30s move back into the area so don't get the swimsuit's out just yet lol. This is the time of year that we go up and down for a while.

Here's your quick cast below.

Quick Cast.....

Friday we will look for mostly cloudy skies across the area. Highs will be slightly warmer then we have seen the last few days around 25* degrees. Lows Friday night around 23* degrees. Winds between 10 and 15 mph.

Saturday we will look for mostly cloudy skies across the area with a few light snow flurries not totally out of the question just yet! No accumulation from this. Highs will be around 35* degrees with a low Saturday night around 26* degrees. Winds between 10 and 15 mph.
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~


And then the mild weather moves in. So enjoy it while it's here warm weather lovers!

Have a great day bloggers. Weather - wise and Otherwise! I'll check back again soon.

God Bless!

No comments: