Wednesday, May 25, 2011

The Latest

Yes, we have seen some clearing skies in parts of the viewing area. I have been watching our temperatures in the Lafayette, area go from 63* degrees back up to 70* degrees in a matter of a few minutes! This is gonna keep the fuel going on this severe thunderstorm fire.

This round coming up tonight will be the main round to watch.
We are pulling a lot of warm air in from our south and cooler drier air from our north west. So this is a classic severe event. The good news is I have not received any tornado reports from this line since it has entered the IL, area. However we will be keeping our guard up! I still expect the main tornado event to be to our south and southwest however we will be keeping watch.

I still have LI values around -5 to -6 which is still pretty unstable.

I will continue to keep watch and keep you posted.

Head over to the chat and keep everyone posted on your area! ;)

No comments: