Wednesday, December 17, 2008

Yesterday was just the tip of the Iceberg for a wet icy rest of the week!!!!!

Quick Cast......... Thursday is the Forecast Focus!!!!!

Today. Highs will be in the low to mid 20s with Cloudy to Partly cloudy skies. Winds will be between 15 and 20 mph nice and calm!

Tonight. Lows will be in the low teens. With winds between 10 and 15 mph.

Thursday. Freezing rain is in the forecast. Highs will be in the low 30s and lows in the upper 20s. I'M expecting Freezing rain to start to move in later that afternoon to late evening. I'M Currently expecting around a quarter inch of ice / freezing rain. This still has time to change and I will keep you posted on this and keep you up to date with the latest! As this could be something dangerous!!

Friday. Another day of a Wet mix of rain and snow. You can expect around an inch of rain when all is said and done. Highs will be in the low 40s and lows will be in the upper 20s.

Extended Outlook. The start to the weekend is looking good with temperatures in the 20s. Partly cloudy skies on Saturday. Maybe some snow showers to flurries on Sunday!. Also I'M still keeping a white Christmas Possible in the forecast! :-)




Hey there we had a wet snowy icy day yesterday!! But that was only the tip of the iceberg for this week to come! First lets talk about some of what we had yesterday! First off it was so cold the past few days and yesterday that any snow that fell was sticking with no problem! And that made roads slick! By earlier yesterday afternoon I had a half inch of snow and the liquid ratio of that was two tents of an inch of water. Now this means that if we had and inch of water we would have been tracking around 20 inches of snow yesterday! WOW I as a snow lover would have loved to track that! Just as any snow lover would! :) But I ended up with .75" Three quarters of an inch of snow! and a quarter inch of ice. Here is a few snowfall total reports I have posted below!
In the picture above that is a street so you can see how bad the roads look! You see above Jasper County came in with two inches as a final total and parts of Tippecanoe County came in with one inch of snow! Now we did have a heavy band of snow come in yesterday around 1:30pm which gave way to some quarter size snow flakes! you can see on the radar image I have posted below the heavy band I have circled it for you. I also have reports of Heavy Heavy snowfall that was up in and around South Bend Indiana where Visibility was reduced and people driving really had to slow it down! Which was a good call!!!!! That is one of the main things is people just don't slow it down when roads get like this! You can enjoy the snow if you just be ready for it! Now Thursday is the next wild and possible dangerous system we will have to keep a close watch on! This is because we could see some Freezing Rain in the forecast! Along with a Wet wintry mix of rain snow and sleet. Now this is a system where things are changing all the time so I will have to keep posting the latest and keep you updated the best I can!! I can tell you that as of right now I'M looking for a total freezing rain of around a quarter inch possible. A quarter inch of ice is a lot!!!!! Friday it will be another mix day! Snow to rain! We can look for total rainfall amounts around an Inch! So I will keep you posted as things get closer! You can count on it!!

Another good well GREAT Thing for snow lovers is I'M still keeping a white Christmas possible in the forecast! Now you know I'M keeping a close and I do mean close watch on our Christmas outlook!!!!! Let me tell you if you want to get out you may want to enjoy today while you can but please please watch out for ICY SPOTS!!!!!because this looks to be the only clear day until Saturday outside of the slick roads!!!! I will keep popping in to keep you posted on Thursday and Friday so do stay tuned!!!!!

Here are those big quarter size snow flakes I was talking about earlier! Have a great day allow yourself some extra time to get out and about and drive slow and take your time! There will be ice on the roads and on your cars so please be careful out there! Thank You For Reading And Please Feel Free To Post Your Comments! Have a great day!!

No comments: