Saturday, January 10, 2009

Still some possible snow flurries after our storm has fizzled out!

Well for today I think this is just about it!

We do have this drier air moving in and that will help tapper off any left snow or freezing rain for today! I know this is less snow but I do think this drier air is a good thing because if we did not have it we would still be seeing freezing rain! This is like I said earlier our temperature are still around 29 to 30 degrees! This is to warm at this time! So even if our dry sir stayed to away! We still would not be looking for snow!

Now it was not a bum day for all places! Up around Newton and Jasper counties did see snowfall which gave them a nice good cover! And even better news I have not had any reports of ice up there at this time as well! This is great news! they have had enough ice for the year!

I still will keep a few snow flurries in the forecast! But nothing big to really report at this time! And I don't think anything will add up to much! models do a good job forecasting but weather in Indiana just does not always work out how you think! I do however feel we did a decent job. And you can bet with the next system I will be here again! Which there is more chances for snow in the forecast! Which I will talk more about a little later! And will watch closely! For now lets just finish this one! :) It has been a long night and I think we all need a little brake! :) Aging here is that DRY air moving in you can really pick it out! It is that big mess color of Black and Orange! That is really dry! This what has fizzled out our system of us anyway! But again that may have been a good thing at least this time around! Now the roads are still slick with less then a tenth inch of ice and here is a few road reports!

Here is a few roads that have reports that are not to bad still ware ever you travel today be careful

US-31 COUNTIES- FULTON MIAMI DRY US-31 COUNTIES- HOWARD TIPTON DRY US-24 COUNTIES- CASS MIAMI WABASH DRY OTHER US AND STATE ROADS DRY SECONDARY ROADS DRY

Here in Lafayette we have had reports of slide offs and slipping all do to this light icy cover.

I-65 REMINGTON TO BROOKSTON BECOMING SNOW OR ICE COVEREDI-65 BROOKSTON TO LAFAYETTE BECOMING SNOW OR ICE COVEREDI-65 LAFAYETTE TO FRANKFORT WETI-65 FRANKFORT TO THORNTOWN WETI-74 ILLINOIS TO VEEDERSBURG WETI-74 VEEDERSBURG TO CRAWFORDSVILLE WETOTHER US AND STATE ROADS BECOMING SNOW OR ICE COVEREDSECONDARY ROADS BECOMING SNOW OR ICE COVERED

You can see here is the road reports from Lafayette to Remington! And below the more north and east you go the more ICY it can get!

I-69 MICHIGAN TO AUBURN SNOW / ICE COVEREDI-69 AUBURN TO FORT WAYNE PATCHY ICE I-69 FORT WAYNE TO HUNTINGTON PATCHY ICE I-69 HUNTINGTON TO WARREN SNOW / ICE COVEREDI-469 FORT WAYNE AREA PATCHY ICE US-6 COUNTIES- NOBLE DEKALB PAT CHY ICE US-24 COUNTIES- HUNTINGTON ALLEN PATCHY ICE US-27 COUNTIES- ALLEN ADAMS PATCHY ICE US-30 COUNTIES- ALLEN WHITLEY PATCHY ICE SR-3 COUNTIES- ALLEN LAGRANGE NOBLE PATCHY ICE

So just take your time allow yourself extra time to where ever you may have to go and if you can stay home it would most likely be better! I think you all for reading and I will catch up with you all a little later! I need to get sleep tonight! ;-) Ha You can enjoy your day just be safe and be smart! ;)

Have a great one and again thank you for reading! Hey one more thing! Don't forget about the playoff games today! for the NFL! The Colts may be out but Eli Manning is still in the race to the Superbowl! Have a great weekend! :)

No comments: