Saturday, January 10, 2009

It's here! and not looking like much!!

Hey guys I have been checking out a few things this early morning! And Yes we have been seeing some of that forecasted freezing rain but the good news is it is letting up here where I'M at and I still only see less then a tenth inch! Snowfall for Lafayette is still around an inch! Maybe has gone down a bit more! I'M looking for a inch maybe and inch and a half but a inch in more likely at this time!

Newton and Jasper counties are not looking for ice as much as sleet and snow! Which is good! They are looking for snowfall right around 2 inches maybe 2 and a half inches possible! Still where ever you are with any chance of ice you should drive slow and be careful! Here is a few quick road reports to give you an idea!

I-65 REMINGTON TO BROOKSTON BECOMING SNOW OR ICE COVEREDI-65 BROOKSTON TO LAFAYETTE BECOMING SNOW OR ICE COVEREDI-65 LAFAYETTE TO FRANKFORT WETI-65 FRANKFORT TO THORNTOWN WETI-74 ILLINOIS TO VEEDERSBURG WETI-74 VEEDERSBURG TO CRAWFORDSVILLE WETOTHER US AND STATE ROADS BECOMING SNOW OR ICE COVEREDSECONDARY ROADS BECOMING SNOW OR ICE COVERED

So do be very careful!!

Now I would still not rule out Lafayette seeing less in the way of snow just yet! It is possible we could see less then an inch! And this is because this system has really lost moisture for us on the back side! Here is an image I have posted to show you what I'M talking about!I have outlined the dry air moving into our area! You can really see this is DRY! This is why I say Snowfall could be less yet! Maybe less then one inch! And you can thank all this dry air that is moving into place! But I would not say this is a bad thing! Why? Well as we have been seeing all morning! We have had temperatures in the 29* to 30* degrees range! I think if we had more moisture we would be seeing more ice then snow anyways! So i less moisture means less ice! Then fine with me!

No comments: