Thursday, June 18, 2009

Indiana Weather Update! Going With My Gut Being The Lone Wolf I'am.

Just a quick check in with the latest.....
----------------------------------------------------------
----------------------------------------------------------
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
I have been stuck at this desk ALL DAY going through the latest weather models as they come in. I think I have been the lone wolf today being the only one who has not been seeing the severe weather from MN, heading our way bringing large hail, damaging winds, and tornadoes. But when forecasting sometimes you just got to go with your gut. And in this case it currently seems to be looking good!
Here is my current thinking.....

Tonight, Closer to midnight or just after there is the chance at some scattered rain / thundershowers to move into the area starting out in our northern counties. Rainfall is not looking to bad between a tenth inch and a quarter inch possible with as usual locally higher amounts in thunderstorms. Then as we head into the early morning hours of Friday we will see more of this system from the northwest fill into our area bringing more rainfall with it between a quarter inch and a half inch possible.. Still for tonight we are looking at CAPE values around 2,500 J/kg and we are also looking to fall between -6 and -8 Lifted Index (LI).

As I have been saying all day I still feel our biggest threat for severe weather is going to be Friday night into Saturday. We will still be in the Moderate risk for severe weather tomorrow only then it will be over much of the state of Indiana. That is when we will all be keeping all eyes on the radars watching very closely!!!! When you mix unstable air with highs in the low 90s! Well, I need say no more! ;)

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Thanks Justin, I just got in from the store, and every one was asking me when the storms were to hit. Is so muggy out!

I am glued to the computer as well, started getting the munchies had to get popcorn, out of all things to run out of LOL!

Hope you were able to have fun with your grandma today!

Teri

Brow said...

Gonna sleep with the wx radio on tonight but its funny that I have the same gut feeling...not sure why though.

Have a good night all and I will be back on tomorrow.

Anonymous said...

I agree Justin, tomorrow is the BIG DAY. WGN is calling tomorrow "Ferocious Friday"! I get nervous when the severity is forecast by everyone. Hopefully I will sleep tonigth adn will be up bright and early to start watching radars --with you and the other bloggers!

MA in Hot and Humid Remington