Saturday, December 19, 2009

Let It Snow, Let It Snow, Let It Snow!!! Snow Showers Through Out Much Of The Day!

Above is the look of things outside right now! You can see how the snow is sticking to the trees rather easy! Well, that's what we can expect with this heavy wet snow fall. Our temperatures have been right around freezing to maybe one degree over which is making this more of a wet snow. So any snow that may be on the roads will make things slick in spots. So please drive safe. I know roads are not to bad right now however still be safe!

Lafayette has picked up over a quarter inch around 0.30" inches. Not much but it's still coming down. Earlier I was calling for the heaviest snow to fall around the Indy area and then in eastern IN, if you look in my last post. Well, this is still where I expect the most snow accumulation to be today. Take a look at this radar image taken around 11:20AM EST below.You can see snow still over takes the state on Indiana which is JUST FINE WITH ME! :) However if you look around that yellow areas I put on this image you can see the heaviest area of snow at this time. Yes, right around Kokomo, heading into Marion, Indiana. This and areas around is where we can expect to see between that 1" and 3" inches of snow.

Now we will be watching snowflakes fall through out much of today however I think most of us will end up with around a half inch possible. I don't see anyone picking up much more then that at this time. Now I must say it is very beautiful looking out my window as I type to you all with the nice low sound of Bing Crosby in the background! :)

Stay safe bloggers and enjoy the snow. We may see a little clipper move into the area Sunday / tomorrow night however I look for very little snow accumulation.

I'll check back soon..........

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Was beautiful out this morn, snow is still falling, and temp is 34*.
Side roads are slick but main are okay, IF all slow down, very wet.

T