Monday, January 26, 2009

Keep the shovels out and ready

OK here is the latest.

It is all going to come down to this.....Will it go more north or will it stay south?.....Well currently I still think it will stay on this northern track and keep us in the 3" to 6" inch range and if it keeps tracking north then we will add to these amounts. So This can very well be the biggest system to hit us this winter.! I like the looks of it and I have stuck with 3" to 6" and will keep 3" to 6" with a chance for more. I will keep watching this very closely and keep all posted. We need to take it hour by hour and see how things play out. So for up to this point I think it has gone pretty close to how we have forecasted it to. But it is not over till it is over. This has been a system where the models are not doing a great job. But as long as we remember systems like this one do tend to move to the north then we are ok.....Had I not have known this it would have been a lot harder.....

Now this is expected to really take off and start by sometime late morning Tuesday to the early afternoon. And keep going off and on through Wednesday. The good thing is winds should not be a big factor this time. Winds are expected to be between 10 and 15 mph for Tuesday and between 5 and 10 mph for Wednesday.

We also have another chance for snow showers on Thursday into Friday. However it looks to be more of a clipper system and only around an inch to an inch and a half. But we can talk about that system a little later. Lets get through tonight and tomorrow first..... This is going to be a long night but I love tracking I love snow and I want to keep you posted. One more thing we do have some winter weather advisories out for our area. So here is a link posted below so you can keep up with the latest as they come out. Just click.....

NOAA's National Weather Service

I will check back as needed. Be sure to send you snowy pictures in to me at storm18mini@aol.com and I will post them.....

No comments: