Saturday, February 21, 2009

The Track Is Tricky But We Are Working It Out!

Alright Here we go!

Everybody has something different even I. This system is tricky! But here is what I'M thinking!

Snow through out most of the day we may see a slight dry slot. We can look for the heaviest between 9:00am and 1:00pm today. I like the 1" to 2" inch range for Lafayette and most of the WLFI viewing area. There is a few models calling for three so we will add in that real slight chance but for an expected total! 1" to 2" inches.

We will need to keep watching for that blowing and drifting snow with winds today between 10 and 25 mph with a few gusts to 28 maybe 30 mph at times. We will be rather cool tonight with wind chills around that zero mark so if your out late dress warm.

Sunday we can expect a few lingering snow flurries nothing to heavy just some left over snow. And winds will be between 10 and 15 mph with a few gusts to 20 mph. So the winds will become calm. We will start to see the warmer air roll in by later on this week with 40s back in the forecast and rain besides snow! This is for next Wednesday into Thursday! but we will talk more about that as we get closer..... For now here is the latest snowfall outlook.....This has been a wild night with models changing so much and amounts going up and down. Well this is what I look to keep it at as of now and we will just have to see how things play out. I have been talking with a friend and she was asking me what I thought and I tolled her 1" to 2" and some models had a possible three. She said she has heard 1" to 2" along with 2" to 4" and then a dusting to an inch. We agree this is the amount we will stick with and just keep watching as the snow fall's today! The track is everything and the slightest shift will change the amounts! As most weather watchers know..... I will catch you all here again later on today with snowfalls and pictures so be sure to send them in to storm18mini@aol.com and I will try to post them.....Also here is the link again to keep up on the road reports as they come in.....

Just click and go.....
Here is a quick look at the 5 Day forecast.....
Thanks for sticking with me on this forecast we will see how things work out..... There is such a mess with amounts around the area. And remember weathermen / Women can only forecast what there maps show and I think some people forget this but it is oh so true!

I will check back with another update later on today! Have a good one and drive safe....................

No comments: