Wednesday, November 18, 2009

The Low Still Sticks Around With More Rain To Talk About...

We seen the extra rain yesterday with once again temperatures staying in the middle 40s! I love this weather. Things are getting fun as we are getting closer to Thanksgiving that's for sure. So many things going on weather - wise this week and so many changes in the Thanksgiving forecast it is not even funny! I told you all yesterday that these models flip flop all over the place this time of year with the temperature changes do to the change of the seasons. And that is what's happening this week. Will we still see pretty nice weather on thanksgiving? I think so however we won't set that in stone just yet. Currently I still say if we see this big cool down before and on thanksgiving then I won't rule out a few light flurries possible. However that is an IF on the timing of this big cool down. I'll keep you posted! ;)

Now I had some radar images I wanted to post here to help give you all an idea what I'M about to talk about however Blogger is having some problems and cannot upload any images at this time. So I'm sorry about that.

Anyway we will keep the 30% chance of rain in the forecast because of this low pressure that is still sticking around with us. With this counter clockwise spin these low pressure systems have we will see some scattered light showers once again today off and on coming from our south east. Then by tomorrow we will be seeing the winds from the west push all the rain that is currently to our west through our area once again. The good news however! Is we are not looking for a lot more rain. Today we can look for another quarter inch or so however Thursday we will look for around a 15 to 20% chance of a stray scattered shower which rainfall would only be around a tenth inch of less. So really it's not all bad! Here's your quick cast break down below.....

Today we will see cloudy skies with a 30 to 40% chance at some scattered rain showers across the area. Rainfall is expected to be around another quarter inch. Highs will be in the upper 40s. Lows in the upper 30s to low 40s. Winds light between 10 and 15 mph.

Thursday we will see mostly cloudy skies over the WLFI viewing area. I cannot rule out around a 15 to 20% chance of a light scattered stray shower in the viewing area. Rainfall however would be around a tenth inch or less which is good news. Highs will be cool in the middle to upper 40s around 46 degrees. lows in the low to middle 30s around 34 degrees. Winds calm between 10 and 15 mph.
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~


Temperatures are tricky this week and I have my MOS models that have been running a good five degrees warmer then what the real time temperature has been hitting! So I have been relying on my 2nd models and comparing my numbers to the MOS models and watching the past days temperature then rounding it out to a temperature that look about right. That's a good reason why we always use more then one weather model to make our forecast. We look at hem all then decide which models are least likely to be wrong! However I feel good about my temperatures above! :)

I'll check back soon.....

And before I forget I need to give a BIG SHOUT OUT to my Friend Heidi, who is always sending me weather info from where she lives. Today is her BIRTHDAY!

HAPPY BIRTHDAY HEIDI! May your day be filled with joy and I wish you many many more good healthy years to come! :)

My gift to you is I won't post your age! :-P lol
Happy Birthday.....

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Justin, iam gonna try the phone book thingy, later on today when i get back up.....let ya know how it goes..Becky